WAPR (Indian Chapter) is the Indian arm of the global not-for-profit organisation, WAPR. It was started by Dr M. Sarada Menon in India in 1989, and pioneered psychosocial rehabilitation in India. It is now registered as a not-for profit organisation in India too.
It aims to provide to all stakeholders a platform to voice their concerns about relevant issues concerning the long-term care of the mentally ill. It also strives to pave the way for advocacy for mental-health care, develop policy and create awareness about mental illness.
See pictures from the 10th World Congress
The DIRECTORY consists of :
- Govt Agencies and NGOs Directory on Rehab Services
- Mental Hospitals in India: State-wise
FOR KIND INFORMATION OF ALL MEMBERS
Life Members – Institutional Members
Request you to kindly provide us with the Present Address, email id & Telephone numbers for Contact and for updating the Membership Register and posting the information in the WAPR IC Website.
1) International Conference on Psycho social Rehabilitation to be held on 13th & 14th December 2019 at the MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital, Bangalore. The main Co- sponsor of this Conference is WAPR (IC).
2) Annual General body Meeting of WAPR (IC) is scheduled on 13th December 2019 at 5.30pm (soon after the scientific sessions of the day) at the MVJ Medical College. This is an important meeting where Amendments to Bye Laws of WAPR (IC) are likely to be taken up for consideration: Election of Members of Board of Management for next 3 years; consideration of Audited Statement of Accounts of the previous years.
3) The WAPR(IC) Bulletin, May 2019 is printed and ready for distribution.
4) 7th Annual Conference of WAPR (IC) is proposed to be held in the year 2020 at Varanasi, (UP), hosted by Dr. Rajesh Nagpal & his Team.
WAPR (IC) membership application form